Pediatric Occupational Therapist
Position: Experienced Pediatric Occupational Therapist. A part time position is currently available for mostly after school/early evening hours and Saturdays.
This position is ideal for a parent who would like to stay active in their OT career, but want more time for their own family. Graduate students would also find this opportunity provides an income and flexibility while completing an advanced degree. We take care of client intakes and the business details (billing, insurance reimbursement, payroll and social security taxes), so you can focus on providing excellent services to children and their families. You have access to collaboration and support from our team of highly experienced therapists.
Job Summary: Provide high quality clinic-based therapy and documentation of services for children with special needs. Support, share ideas and problem solve with families/caregivers. Our clients have a wide range of diagnoses (Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, developmental delays). However, we specialize in working with families whose children are on the autism spectrum or have sensory processing issues. Professional training in NDT and/or SI is preferred. Interest and experience in health/wellness is a plus!
Organization/Clients/Therapeutic Approach: Maple Valley Pediatric Therapy (A division of Relaxing Resources, PLLC) is an established small but fast growing private outpatient practice. We provide highly personalized occupational therapy services at our office located in beautiful Maple Valley. We offer:
- a relaxing and supportive environment for parents
- a fun, playful space for children
- a “therapist’s dream” work environment
MVPT is made up of dynamic and friendly therapists who have many years of professional and personal experience in the area of pediatrics. Our team is led by Co-Owners, Christie Armitage, OTR/L and Billie Otter, MOTR/L.
We provide therapy services to children and young adults, with the majority of our clients between the ages of 3 and 16 years old. Our therapists use a wide variety of therapeutic techniques to help children learn to self-regulate, achieve developmental milestones, engage in meaningful relationships with peers and family, and function successfully and safely in daily living. We help children reach their true potential while having fun and being creative.
In addition to using neuro-developmental and sensory integrative approaches, we offer instruction in using assistive technology and a thriving Aquatic Therapy Program held offsite at local Black Diamond Camps. We work collaboratively with families, local counselors, speech therapists, primary care providers, private preschools and school districts.
Provide excellence in occupational therapy by:
- Evaluating children using formal and informal assessment tools
- Writing quality evaluation reports, progress notes, daily treatment notes
- Developing and implementing goals
- Reviewing progress regularly and updating treatment plans as needed
- Providing parent education and support
- Collaborating with community professionals involved in child’s care
- Maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA standards
- Observing safety and health precautions
- Maintaining equipment/toys in good condition
- Continually updating skills and knowledge with continuing education and collegial sharing
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university
- Licensed as an OT in the State of Washington
- At least 2 years of experience in working with children with developmental disabilities
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to obtain)
- Creative, playful, and flexible with commitment to excellent service
- Ability to communicate with children, parents, staff, and community professionals
- Flexible hours
- Mentoring/collegial sharing with our highly trained and experienced staff
- We offer excellent pay per treatment hour, dependent on experience
- Opportunity to work offsite in Aquatic Therapy Program
- Possible opportunities to work at local private schools that we contract with
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume, and references (including email addresses) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (425)-358-3070 to introduce yourself and get your questions answered by Christie or Billie.