Our Aquatic Therapy program is now scheduling for Fall. Please call today for more information!
Aquatic Therapy is a skilled treatment method used by occupational and physical therapists to increase a child’s functional abilities. The water’s therapeutic properties of warmth, buoyancy and resistance, combine to create a powerful experience for any child. Aquatic therapy is an effective and fun way to address many types of conditions including sensory integration, anxiety, neurological disorders, and orthopedic issues. Children with a broad range of abilities and diagnoses can benefit.
Some benefits of aquatic therapy include:
- Gentle resistance to increase strength and endurance
- Enhances sensory feedback
- Supports muscles while working on balance or posture
- Low impact on joints
- Stimulates language, eye contact, and communication
- Increases confidence and builds safety awareness
- The warm environment can help increase relaxation
- Motivating for many children to work on activities that are difficult
- Great for working on oral motor skills and breath control
- Opportunity for social interaction
Aquatic therapy is an effective supplement to regular therapy. All sessions are specialized, one-on-one and designed to meet your child’s individual goals. We provide therapy at the indoor pool at Black Diamond Camps located off of Auburn-Black Diamond Road. Call today for more information!